Fifty Greatest Hawaii Music Albums:
Nominated for the 2005 Na Hoku Award, this album continues to rank in the Hawaiian Top 10.
Featuring The Brothers Cazimero, Amy Hanaiali`i, Emma Veary, Olomana and many other legendary musicians, this album is a treasure for the longtime Hawaiian music lover or those just discovering the music of the islands.
1. Seabird - Olomana
2. Hawaii '78 - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo`ole
3. Flying With Angels - Na Leo Pilimehana
4. Across the Sea - Jack de Mello Orchestra
5. Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai - Hapa
6. Hale`iwa Hula - Amy Hanaiali`i
7. You Ku`uipo - Willie K
8. Kamehameha Waltz - Emma Veary
9. Kaimana Hila - Hawaiian Style Band
10. Nani Hanalei - The Brothers Cazimero
11. Napo`ona Mahina - Ho`okena
12. Ka Mamakakaua - Palani Vaughan
13. Ku`u Ipo I Ka He`e Pune One - Nina Keali`iwahamana
14. Exotica - Don Tiki
15. Ka Makana Ka`ili Aloha - Keola & Kapono Beamer
16. Room Service - Rap Reiplinger
17. Aloha `Oe - Jack de Mello Orchestra
IZ Wonderful World:
A must-have album for all “IZ” fans!
Wonderful World presents IZ’s music in an inspirational style that honors his musical legacy with orchestral accompaniment.
The result is an album with a collection of Israel’s best work.
This album, produced by Jon de Mello, will arrive in stores June 26th and is the ideal re-introduction to IZ’s larger than life approach.
Uniting IZ with a full orchestra has resulted in a powerful and compelling album.
Complementing the music, the CD will be packaged in an artistically crafted double-fold jacket with a 16-page booklet showing images of Kamakawiwo`ole accompanied by IZ’s lyrics.
1. What A Wonderful World
3. Henehene Kou `Aka
4. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
5. E Ku`u Morning Dew
6. White Sandy Beach
8. Ka Huila Wai
9. `Opae E
10. Ke Aloha O Iesu
11. `Ulili E
12. A Hawaiian Like Me
The Best of Israel Kamakawiwo’ole:
As the decade pass, Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole’s legacy grows stronger.
His recordings are always in demand world-wide and are regularly featured in motion pictures, television broadcasts, and countless advertisements.
IZ’s singular Hawaiian voice penetrates the personal complexities of our daily lives and probes our musical passions.
The Best of Israel Kamakawiwo’ole collects his most iconic and memorable songs that continue to move people around the world.
From his iconic rendition of Over the Rainbow to the haunting Hawai’i ‘78, this is a nostalgic revisit of IZ.
1. Over the Rainbow
2. Hawaii '78
3. White Sandy Beach
4. Mona Lisa
5. Wind Beneath My Wings / He Hawaii Au
6. Kaulana Kawaihae
7. Ulili E
8. Hele On To Kauai
11. La Elima
12. Opae E
13. In This Life
14. E Ala E
15. What a Wonderful World
16. Hawaiian Like Me
The greatest day, Jake Shimabukuro:
Ukulele superstar Jake Shimabukuro expands on his new sound introduced by his previous release, Nashville Sessions, that include a bassist, drummer, and a new guitarist to add new colors and variety to the overall production.
The 12 studio tracks that comprise The Greatest Day feature some of Shimabukuro’s most imaginative and adventuresome playing yet.
Half of the album is devoted to originals, on which the instrumentalist reaches new heights of compositional distinction.
1. Time of the Season
2. The Greatest Day
3. Eleanor Rigby
5. Bizarre Love Triangle
6. Straight A's
7. If 6 Was 9
8. Shape of You
9. Go for Broke
10. Little Echoes
11. Mahalo John Wayne
Hawaiian Style, Various Artists:
Billboard chart-topper, "Hawaiian Style Music" features the very best in contemporary island music by popular Hawai'i artists.
The hits keep comin' from the Big Island with Ehukai's "Molokai'i Slide," Kolea's "All That Glitters (Is Not Gold)," and Rising Tide's "Mr. Pole Benda."
Maui's brightest star, Keali'i Reichel, entertains with his lively, "Ipo Lei Momi."
Oahu's plethora of talent and hit music include Robi Kahakalau, Ka'au Crater Boys, Justin, Ka'ala Boys, Vaihi, Reality, Moke Boy, Canoe Club, Paka Smith and John Feary.
Hawaiian Style with 18 solid tracks of feel-good island music, this beautifully packaged collection is an ideal "Product of Hawaii."
1. Moloka`i Slide - Ehukai
2. Always and Forever - Ka`ala Boys
3. Aloha for the Ride - Canoe Club
4. Fly Away - Reality
5. Shaka Baby - Darrell Labrado
6. Ipo Lei Momi - Keali`i Reichel
7. Take Care of Me - Robi Kahakalau
8. Nursery Rhymes - Paka Smith
9. Hawaiian Kickboxer - Moke Boy
10. Escape - Side Salad
11. Mr. Pole Benda - Rising Tide
12. Palolo - John Feary
13. Darcie's Lullabye - Na Kama, Rodney Bejer
14. Redemption Song - Vaihi
15. Let Me Take You Tonight - Justin Young
16. You Don't Write - Ka`au Crater Boys
17. Everything That Glitters - Kolea
18. What Am I Gonna Do - Rodz
Hawaiian Style Ukulele, Troy Fernandez:
Ageless classics shine on “Hawaiian Style Ukulele,” an instrumental collection with universal appeal as a more mature, reflective Troy Fernandez, renowned ukulele master, Na Hoku Hanohano award winner and former Ka’au Crater Boy, emerges as one of Hawaii’s most important contemporary island music performers.
Lightening fast picking and an innovative style are the hallmarks of this amazingly skilled musician whose emergence on the music scene in the early 90s was instrumental in generating a ukulele renaissance which continues to excite island music lovers today.
1. Ka`aahi Kahului
2. Morning Dew / Pua Lilia
4. Nani Kaua`i / Guava Jam
5. Lovely Hula Hands / My Little Grass Shack at Kealakekua Hawaii
6. Maui Hawaiian Super Man
7. Wahine `Ilikea / Waimanalo Blues
8. Heha Waipi`o
9. Waipahe`e / Maori Brown Eyes
10. Hawaiian Soul
11. Blue Hawaii
12. On Fire